Saturday, July 11, 2009

No House for Me...

A couple of days ago the lady who was representing the sellers on the house called up and said that they had higher offers. I was a little confused because I thought she had told us my offer had been accepted. Actually I think she was confused, or maybe duplicitous, and told me wrong. She said everyone got one more final bid, and I raised mine by $6,500, but apparently I got outbid by about $6000 more. That meant the house went for $112, 500. That's still a pretty good price, and I probably would have paid it if they had just been upfront. The only reason that I can figure out that she would have dealt with it this way is if she was really incompetent (the asking price was way too low), or because she wanted to impress the seller by how much over the asking price she could get.

Either way it kind of sucks, because that's two weeks of my rapidly dwindling summer wasted while I waited around for this to work. Not to mention that emotionally it is just a big disappointment. I know that I wasn't that excited about the house anyway, but emotionally I was already kind of moving myself out of here, and down there. The whole thing just kind of sucks. It has driven me to start watching The O.C. on hulu. That's kind of like the bad tv equivalent of drinking. I hope she knows what she's done to me.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I recommend Grey's Anatomy for this purpose. Sorry you didn't get the house.

The Greg Jones Family Blog said...

I didn't think you sounded really excited about the house, so maybe it's just as well you didn't get it, although it was a bummer that the lady didn't even give you a chance to up your bid. Tough.