Saturday, May 25, 2013

My Butt Hurts...

Becca told me a story about when they were living in New Jersey and Inessa and Sophronia were still young.  They were sitting in sacrament meeting in their tiny branch, and the girls were kind of being loud.  Becca was trying to keep them quiet, and it wasn't working.  Then out of the blue Sophronia stopped the meeting by shouting loudly, "My butt hurts!"

Good stuff.

I spent the day out in Magna working.  In the morning I cut up some steel fence posts, and that took longer than I'd planned.  Then around noon I headed out to the lot.  When I got there I set to work pulling the wooden stakes off the 2x6's I'd bought to use as forms.  I spent the last few days nailing 2x4 stakes to the boards, then tried to drive them.  Unfortunately, in the battle between the stakes and the ground, the ground won.  I pounded and pounded and pounded away, and after those three pounds, the wood split and fell to pieces.  Thats why I bought the steel fence posts.

I was bending over all morning cutting the posts, then again pulling the forms I'd built apart, then driving the steel post pieces, and when I'd done all that I spent a couple hours clearing some of the thick grass.  My back was quite sore.

When I got home I took a shower, and I noticed that the skin right above my butt was a bit sore.  It felt a little like I had a rash.  That was a bit disturbing   So when I got out of the shower I looked at it in the mirror.  There was no rash.  There was on the other hand, a very clearly delineated patch of livid red sunburn.  All that time bent over today in the sun, it turns out that I had a bad case of plumber bum.  That's the danger of working alone I guess.  There's no one to tell you that your butt crack is sticking out.  And so it goes.

Sophronia, I'm with you on that.  My butt hurts!

No comments: