Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Grind...

So.  For a long, few weeks I've been working on a tree.  It is a Chinese Elm.  It was my neighbor's tree.  I cut 2/3rds of it down, with his permission of course.  It was quite tall.  Perhaps fifty or sixty feet tall, and the 2/3rds that I cut down were overhanging where I am planning to build my shed.  I was a little worried about it dropping on it, since it seemed to drop branches quite regularly.  There were always dead ones.
I've been working on it for far too long.  Usually about four hours at a time in the afternoons.  Cutting up the big stuff was a job, but doing the little stuff is far worse.  I might be foolish, but I've hoped to build a jtube rocket mass heater and I thought binding the twigs together I might burn them in bundles.  I have no idea if that would work, but we'll see.  I'd rather that than spend a bunch of money hauling and disposing of them at the dump.  Really, it is I would imagine eight or nine truck loads of twigginess.

Also, in the background of some of these pics you can see the chainlink fence I built.  Honestly I've been meaning to put pictures up on my blog for some time, but I keep forgetting my camera each time I go out to Magna.  But then, this time I forgot to shoot the fence specifically.  Oh well.